Your business has grown to the point where you’re ready to start a blog, but you find yourself hung up on one important question: How much content do you need to start a blog?
The answer to this question isn’t as straightforward as you might think. There’s often different answers for each business depending on its size and the goal it is trying to reach with blog content. Fortunately, there are content marketing experts out there who can help you determine how much content you need to start a blog for your business. Also, these experts can help your business achieve the 67% increase in leads that marketing studies show businesses with blogs have on average.
Points to consider when deciding how much content you need to start a blog:
Content marketing professionals offer many advantages to businesses. They can help your business develop optimized and engaging content even if your business seems boring. In addition, these professionals can help you determine how much content your business needs to start a blog. Here are some of the factors content marketers consider when determining the amount of content a business should create:
- What’s your business size? — Large businesses may have no problem creating a lot of content. Smaller businesses tend to have a limited number of staff, and this means they aren’t likely to be able to generate a large volume of content.
However, producing content that has engaging images, uses high-quality keywords, and is relevant to your customers can do a lot to outweigh a lack of content volume. Meeting these three goals can help your business grow. Eventually, the growth you’ve experienced can allow you to build up your team and increase your content output.
- Are you trying to grow organic traffic or brand awareness? — The goal of your content can also be used to determine how much content you need to start a blog. Typically, businesses will want to either focus on growing their organic traffic or their brand awareness initially.
Those seeking increased organic traffic will want to have more content on hand before taking their blog live. Here are some general organic traffic benchmarks:
- A small business should try to have at least 12 to 16 blog posts ready to go before the blog goes live.
- Bigger businesses should consider having 16 to 20 posts available when their new blog goes live.
- Businesses should then seek to create 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 optimized blogs per week, respectively, after their blog goes live.
The numbers look slightly different for businesses whose goal is to increase brand awareness. Such businesses should focus on creating:
- 4 to 8 blog posts prior to their blog going live and 1 to 2 posts per week thereafter for small businesses.
- 12 to 16 blog posts prior to going live and 3 to 4 posts per week thereafter for large businesses.
Want to attract new visitors to your website? Burg & Co. can help with content marketing
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, Burg & Co. offers content marketing services designed to increase site traffic and conversions.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.