There are some businesses, like high-tech companies, that many people consider to be exciting. However, there are plenty of businesses that offer essential products and services that people, including yourself, may think are boring. Such businesses often struggle to figure out how to create good content.
Creating exciting and engaging content is important for any business’s marketing strategy, but you may not think creating good content is possible if your business is boring. Fortunately, our team has some tips that can help you figure out how to create good content even when you think your business is boring.
Three tips to help boring businesses figure out how to write good content
Determining how to write good content if you think your business is boring might seem difficult. However, there are several tips that we recommend trying to develop content that’s exciting, relatable and good for your business. These tips include:
- Thinking about other businesses that are impacted by your product or service — Let’s say you own a company that sells crutches and other mobility aids. At first glance, that may not sound like a particularly interesting product, but you can spice up your content by thinking about the other industries that are impacted by your product. For this example, businesses that are closely related to yours could include:
- Doctor’s offices
- Physical therapy clinics
- Home medical supply companies
- Partnering with businesses that are impacted by yours — Once you’ve established some businesses that are impacted by yours, you should reach out to them. By doing so, you can help establish partnerships that allow you to create linking opportunities or guest content for your partners’ websites. In turn, this exposure can help dramatically increase your pool of potential customers.
- Finding ways to connect with topics people are passionate about — It is possible to connect with topics that people are passionate about even if you think your product or service is boring. One excellent way to connect with people is to generate content that references celebrities, movies or other aspects of popular culture.
Let’s go back to the crutch and mobility aid company for a moment and look at some examples of titles that connect their business with passion topics. Some examples of such titles could include:
- 7 actors whose performances relied on crutches
- 5 ways to use your crutches after your ankle has healed
- The 3 fastest wheelchair racing athletes in the world
There are several key things you’ll have to keep in mind if you want to connect your business to topics people are interested in. You will need to make your content personal, and you will need to get outside your comfort zone. It’s also a good strategy to create content that seems a bit ridiculous at first glance but that turns out to be informative and interesting.
Want to figure out how to create good content for a boring business? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do or you feel like your business is boring. Fortunately, this is what we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.