Simply viewing clients or customers as people to sell products and services to is a thing of the past. The leadership teams of businesses have undoubtedly heard that before. However, these professionals may not know exactly how they should be viewing their customers. There are a variety of valuable ways a modern business should be viewing its customers. One of the most valuable views from a digital marketing perspective is that of the client as a brand ambassador.
How will you know when your clients become brand ambassadors?
It’s vital to have some idea of the signs that your clients have in fact become ambassadors for your brand. These signs may differ from business to business. Yet there are some basic signs that tend to appear across all business types. These signs typically include:
- Clients are creating thorough and highly positive reviews for your business.
- Customers are willing to provide testimonials for your brand when asked.
- Clients are telling other potential clients about your services with no prompting.
3 ways you can convince your clients to become ambassadors for your brand
It’s unlikely that clients will simply become ambassadors for your brand without a good deal of work on your part. Here are some tips that can help you nurture your customers into becoming brand ambassadors:
1.Develop a deeper purpose for your brand — Customers are searching for businesses that have a deeper purpose beyond selling them products and services. One research study found that 82% of respondents stated that the brands they buy personally stand for a greater mission/purpose. Thus, brands that can create an authentic deeper purpose are more likely to turn clients into brand ambassadors.
2. Communicate your deeper purpose with every interaction — It’s vital that your brand communicates its deeper purpose in every interaction it has with potential and existing customers. In part, this will mean ensuring every person in your business understands and is bought into your deeper purpose. It also entails having PR, digital marketing and web development professionals who can infuse your purpose into your:
- Website content.
- Blogs, videos, social media posts, etc.
- Press releases.
3. Go above and beyond in little ways for your customers — It doesn’t always take huge gestures for your business to show that you care about your customers as people first. Small, personalized gestures often work just as well. For instance, let’s say one of your customer service reps learns in passing that a customer just lost a loved one. They can definitely offer their condolences. But your business can also allow them to go a step further and do something like send flowers to that customer. Little actions like this can help reinforce your business’s deeper purpose and turn that customer into an enthusiastic brand ambassador.
Need help turning clients into brand ambassadors? BURG+CO. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a key role in increasing conversions and bringing in new clients. However, turning potential and current clients into brand ambassadors can help your business, too. Fortunately, BURG+CO. excels at helping turn clients into brand ambassadors.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence in ways that not only attract new clients and retain existing ones but help businesses communicate their deeper purpose. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results, attract more visitors to your site and turn clients into brand ambassadors, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about all of our digital marketing services or to schedule a complimentary consultation.