Cookies have long been the staple of search engine marketing, but increased concerns about user privacy has prompted Google to phase out the use of third-party cookies.
This transition has left many businesses scrambling to figure out how to keep getting the best out of their search engine marketing. Fortunately, there are several tips that can help you continue to build effective search engine marketing without cookies.
Here are two tips to help you get the best out of search engine marketing without cookies:
- Build your supply of first-party data — One way to offset the demise of third-party cookies is to build up your business’s supply of first-party data. This type of data is collected directly from the customers, site visitors and social media followers of your business. First-party data can include:
- Behaviors of people who use or visit your website or mobile apps.
- Actions people take on your mobile app or website.
- Responses from surveys you’ve done.
- Customer feedback you’ve collected.
- Hone your search intelligence — Your business can gain valuable insights by studying the data that’s readily available from a search. Search intelligence is using this type of data to make important marketing decisions.
One way you can hone your search intelligence is to analyze the words used in the Google search engine results page (SERP). Specifically, you can look into keywords that apply to your brand or products to see how they’re performing. In turn, this allows you to craft pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and other digital marketing campaigns around high-performing keywords.
Want to get the best out of your search engine marketing? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, Burg & Co. can help you get the best out of search engine marketing campaigns and take other steps to increase conversions.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.