One of the most effective ways to market your brand online is for your ads to show up in search results for relevant search terms. However, paying for ads can add up over time. This isn’t a problem for many larger businesses with larger marketing budgets, but for the average small business, owners have to be more careful with their budget.
If you operate Google Ads for a small business and want to avoid costly mistakes that can exhaust your ads budget for the month, check out these five tips that can help.
Five tips for improving Google Ads for small businesses
- Avoid broad terms — Short-tail keywords can be too broad, causing your ads to gain impressions with nonqualified leads. Medium- and long-tail keywords are more likely to generate impressions with qualified leads who may be further down the sales funnel.
- Look for a high quality score — Look at the quality score of your ads after you create them. Google will let you know how it estimates the quality of your ads and what you can do to improve them. This is important because high-quality ads are more likely to gain better ad positions.
- Adjust your audiences — Is your audience not converting or even clicking on your ads? Make sure your ads are targeting the right audience. For example, if your business is local, you may want to run ads specifically in your city and the surrounding areas rather than the entire state or country.
- Use negative keywords — Are certain keywords not performing well, or do your ads keep showing up as impressions for phrases you do not want to match? You can create a negative keywords list to ensure that your campaign does not show up in results with keywords you wish to avoid.
- Adapt — Google is constantly updating and improving its performance features. Stay up to date with the changes to make sure you don’t accidentally blow through your budget because of the way an unexpected change affects your campaign.
Want to attract new visitors to your website? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, this is what we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.