The mobile internet was the hot new thing just a few short years ago. Now it’s the new normal. As smartphones and tablets are meeting and even exceeding the capabilities of desktop and laptop computers, people are spending more and more of their lives on mobile platforms. In addition to work and socializing, this also includes the way people are buying products and interacting with brands. In short, mobile marketing is starting to take over.
For any business or organization with a digital marketing strategy, this means incorporating mobile marketing into it. This isn’t as challenging as it sounds — always remember that people are people. You need to keep your marketing plan people-focused whether you’re trying to reach them on a smartphone, a computer or a billboard.
However, a mobile marketing strategy is going to have some key differences from straightforward digital marketing. At Burg & Co., we help businesses stay at the forefront of marketing trends by building fully integrated cross-channel strategies. Here, we’re sharing some practical advice for making mobile marketing part of your portfolio.
Core mobile marketing elements
We can’t stress enough that marketing is about telling your brand or company’s story and building an authentic connection with your audience. Mobile marketing shouldn’t fundamentally change this message, just the way you deliver it.
For example, here are some ways you can optimize your existing digital marketing strategy for mobile users:
- Make sure your website has a fast loading time and is properly formatted for mobile browsers.
- Audit your web content, including blogs and landing pages, for readability and digestibility. Break up large blocks of text with images, bulleted lists and pull quotes as much as possible.
- Test any conversion-specific buttons or links that act as a call to action to ensure that they provide a user-friendly experience for mobile.
- Leverage social media, which is increasingly consumed by a mobile audience, to drive traffic to your website.
- Optimize your search engine optimization and search engine marketing keyword planning and content for more conversational voice searches.
Mobile marketing isn’t going anywhere, so if you haven’t already started to incorporate mobile best practices into your marketing efforts, now is the time. If you’re looking for an expert partner to help you navigate the digital and mobile waters, Burg & Co. Marketing has the expertise you need.
Trust the Burg & Co. team to optimize your digital mobile marketing plan
Our digital marketing professionals have decades of combined experience, including creating successful mobile campaigns. When you work with us, we’ll take a look at your existing digital marketing efforts and collaborate to integrate the mobile elements that are right for your brand, products, services and customer profile. Contact us today to learn more.