It’s unsettling to sink a lot of money into a pay-per-click advertising campaign and not get any results. You might get discouraged and decide that PPC isn’t right for your brand, but don’t give up yet! PPC can be a great way to build your brand’s web presence. You just need to take a look at your strategy and make some changes.
Take a look below to discover some reasons your PPC strategy isn’t working and how to adjust them to help improve your performance.
Five signs that your PPC advertising strategy isn’t working
- You’re targeting the wrong audience — Are your ads targeting the entire country but you only offer services in a specific area? Limit your targeting into a more local area, such as your state or city, to avoid wasting money on ads across the country and to attract a more relevant audience.
- You have too many ads and keywords — Having too many ads in an ad group and too many keywords assigned to the ad group can affect your performance. On average, you should have no more than seven to 10 ads per campaign and no more than 20 keywords per ad group. If you’re exceeding these numbers or using duplicate keywords, such as “house” and “houses,” then you need to adjust your strategy.
- You’re not using negative keywords — You can create a list of keywords and phrases that you do not want to apply to your ad. For example, if you run an animal shelter, you can include “jobs” in your negative keyword list, so your ads aren’t displaying for people looking for animal shelter jobs (unless that’s what you want to promote, of course).
- Your ad copy is bland — Your ad copy needs to be engaging and drive people to your website. If you’re receiving impressions but few clicks, think of ways you can spice up your content to make it more attractive.
- Your landing page is bland — Are people clicking through your ads but not taking any action on your site? The landing page that your ads point to may be bland or irrelevant. Think of what you can do to make your landing pages more interesting and engaging to keep your users active and drive conversions.
Burg & Co. is here to help you improve your traffic and conversions
Tired of sinking money into PPC only to have nothing to show for it? We can help you get your strategy right, so you can attract qualified leads to your website.
Our team at Burg & Co. has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in PPC advertising and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about PPC advertising or to schedule a complimentary consultation.