Finding the right social media marketing agency to handle your business’s social media accounts can be tough. Below are five tips to keep in mind when finding a social media marketing agency for your business.
Five tips for finding a social media marketing agency
- Look at their experience — Good digital marketers aren’t shy about letting you know they’re good at what they do. If they have experience, certifications and education in their field of expertise, they’re usually happy to share it on their site.
A wealth of experience, training and certification shows you that an agency will be willing to work hard to help you reach your marketing goals. If you cannot find the information you need about their experience, just ask! If they refuse to share … you might want to move on.
- Ask how they measure performance — Are they promising the world to you in a week’s time? Save yourself the trouble and just pass on them. Agencies that promise top positions or unrealistic results will only end up disappointing you. Instead, look for realistic goals. These tend to be goals that focus on long-term results and are based on measurable metrics.
- Look for examples of their work — The first place you can look for an example of how an agency uses social media is their own social media accounts. What do you think when you do this? Are their pages engaging, informative or entertaining? Do they interact with others well?
You may also want to look for a portfolio or testimonials from existing clients to get a bigger picture of what an agency can provide for you.
- Check their reviews — The internet makes it easy for people to leave reviews about a business. If the agency you’re interested in has mostly positive reviews, they’re probably someone you can trust. If they have a lot of negative reviews … well, you know what to do.
Note: Every business may encounter a negative review at some point. You should see how they respond to the review to get a better idea about who they are. Are they arguing and fighting, or are they responding positively and offering solutions? The answer to that question is a big deal when considering their customer service.
- Find out what else they offer — Some agencies specialize specifically in social media marketing. However, you may need more than this. If you’re looking for a complete digital marketing strategy that includes social media marketing, find out if the agency you’re looking at offers other services. Agencies that offer a comprehensive digital marketing service can usually package all of these services in a more affordable bundle that helps generate more traffic, leads and conversions.
Ready to start social media marketing? Burg & Co. is ready to help you
If you’re looking to gain more traffic, leads and customers through social media, our team at Burg & Co. is here for you. We’re certain you’ll find that we exceed the expectations outlined in the list above. If you’re ready to learn more or get started, talk to our team today to learn more about social media marketing or to schedule a consultation.