Barely more than a decade ago, social media was seen as a platform for friends and family to share pictures and thoughts with one another. It’s still largely used this way today, but now many brands have a social media presence too.
Your brand’s social media presence has the ability to drive more traffic to your site, generate more leads and improve your conversion rates. These and other advantages dictate the importance of putting time and effort into developing a social media marketing strategy for your brand.
Five advantages of social media marketing for your brand
- Improved brand awareness — By maintaining social media accounts on multiple platforms for your brand, you create more awareness. Your employees, their friends and family, your clients and others can follow your brand on social media. As a result, they’ll see the content you post and, even if they don’t click through every time, they’ll have more exposure to your brand than they would otherwise.
- It’s inexpensive — Many social media accounts cost no money to start and maintain. Your business can elect to operate its social media accounts this way, but you may also want to take advantage of paid search advertising. This usually comes in the form of promoting posts or promoting your brand in advertisements for people who have interests related to the products or services your brand offers. This paid advertising is much more affordable than traditional types of marketing.
- It affects your search engine optimization (SEO) — Technically, social media marketing does not have any effect on how search engines rank your site, but it does work hand in hand with SEO. Sites who use social media platforms to share the content they regularly post on their blogs are likely to see an improvement in search engine rankings.
- It builds brand authority — When people see you sharing useful, informative and entertaining content on social media, they’re more likely to trust your brand and engage with it. Your authority also increases as you interact with people on social media and not only use it as an advertising or sharing platform.
- It helps you address your customers’ needs quickly — Some brands initially set up social media accounts because it is a quick and easy platform for communicating with customers and leads. You can engage with your followers quickly to respond to questions, comments and even criticism. When responding to criticism, remember to be polite and not get sucked into arguments. Other people who see how you respond well (or poorly) to criticism will remember this when they’re facing a conversion decision.
Take advantage of social media marketing with the help of Burg & Co.
Our team at Burg & Co. includes social media marketing as an important part of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. If you’re having trouble connecting with your followers on social media, talk to us to see how we can help you. Contact Burg & Co. today to learn more about social media marketing or to schedule a consultation.