Search engine optimization (SEO) is an area of marketing that’s evolving constantly. It’s vital that your business stays on the cutting edge of SEO trends.
If you do so, you’re more likely to increase your conversion rate and return on investment (ROI). Yet not doing so can cause your users to go looking for other options. To ensure that your business falls into the first category, we reveal some SEO best practices that your business should consider following in 2021.
Your business should be considering these 2021 SEO best practices
Often, SEO best practices shift depending on how search engines, like Google, are ranking specific types of content. For instance, the Google Medic Core update that rolled out in 2018 changed how marketing professionals went about creating SEO content for medical clients.
A few of the SEO best practices that we’re keeping our eye on in 2021 include:
- Incorporating visual search — Text searches have been the mainstay of search engines for decades, but this is changing. It’s reported that 74% of consumers said that text-only searches weren’t enough to help them find the products and services they needed.
Visual search relies on smartphone cameras. The consumer captures an image of the product or service they wish to search for; then the search engine matches the image with images of similar products and services. Learn how to optimize your web content for visual search by checking out this article.
- Adding voice search capabilities — Another type of search tool that has taken off in the past few years is voice search, and this is understandable since more and more homes have smart speakers, such as the Google Nest and Amazon Echo. Voice search allows you to ask a smart device to search for a specific product, service or piece of information.
Optimizing your website and SEO content for voice search is a best practice for 2021 because it’s estimated that voice search-related sales will top $40 billion in the U.S. by 2022. Find some tips on optimizing your content for voice search in this article.
- Prioritizing content authority — Prioritizing authority in your SEO content is a best practice that has been around since SEO first became popular, and it’s not likely to go out of style anytime soon.
Creating authoritative content can be an ambiguous process. However, there are certain steps you can take to ensure that your content is authoritative. A few of these steps include:
- Making the content easy for the average user to understand.
- Referencing credible sources and information from your industry.
- Providing readers with clear and specific takeaways.
Burg & Co. can help you find SEO best practices that attract new visitors to your website
SEO can help increase traffic to your website, which means it plays a role in increasing conversions and landing to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, this is what we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.