You’re a business that has great online conversion numbers and a solid base of online clients, but your brick-and-mortar locations aren’t seeing the same high level of customer engagement. Are you in a similar situation? If you are, it may be that you need to consult a digital marketing service about local search engine optimization.
What is local search engine optimization?
Just how important is local search engine optimization (SEO)? HubSpot reports that 46% of all searches on Google are done to find local information. Local SEO is a service that’s designed to do one specific job: help your business gain more visibility in local searches on Google, Bing and other search engines. There are many ways that you can optimize your website to improve your local SEO. Some of the steps you can take are:
- Create and fully fill out a Google My Business (GMB) listing.
- Add posts on social media and link them to your GMB listing.
- Optimize your site’s internal linking structure, URLs, title tags, headers and meta descriptions for local SEO.
- Create local blog and website content.
Using a digital marketing service for your local SEO can offer many benefits
A digital marketing service can take the above steps and more to optimize your local SEO. But, what can your business get in return? The bottom line is that improving your local SEO can lead to benefits like:
1. Higher ranking in local searches — Think about the last time you searched for something. Did you click on one of the top links that showed up in the search results? Or did you scroll through a couple of pages? Odds are that you chose one of the top results, and you’re not alone.
A HubSpot report on local SEO found that 92% of searchers select businesses that appear on the first page of local search results. If you have optimized your local SEO, then your business can show up on that first page. It can also have a higher chance of being picked by searchers.
2. Building partnerships with other local businesses — Your business doesn’t have to stand alone when it comes to getting customers in the door. Partnering with local businesses that offer complementary services or products can help boost your customer base. For instance, let’s say you own a local shoe store, and you sell specialty shoes for biking. Building relationships with local bike retailers could be a way to increase your customer traffic.
3. Building trust and authority with local customers — Building trust and authority for your business is vital if you want to bring in more customers. Improving your local SEO can go a long way toward building the trust and authority your business needs.
For one thing, many searchers equate a high search engine ranking with trustworthiness. The reason? They assume that high-ranking companies have been vetted by Google, Bing, etc. This trust can prompt them to click through to your website or blog content. Content and a site that’s optimized for a local audience can then help cement you as an authority on the products and services you’re selling.
Want to boost your local SEO? Burg & Co. offers services that can help
Increasing local traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and bringing in new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract local visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, Burg & Co. offers services that can help improve your local SEO.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their local digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in local search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.