Getting your business or organization onto social media can be a daunting prospect. Whether you’re a social media power user in your personal life or new to the whole thing, using social media platforms for marketing is a whole new world.
From setting the right tone in your posts to engaging with audiences to actually achieving results in the form of lead and sales conversions, it’s very hard to know where to start. That’s why so many of the most successful businesses turn to marketing professionals for expert advice.
To give you a clearer picture of how to get a social media marketing plan up and running, we’re happy to share the following practical advice.
Our social media experts recommend these six marketing tips
If you want to succeed in social media marketing, your business or organization can benefit by doing the following:
- Have clear goals — Before anything, you need to know your primary reasons for being on social media and what you’re looking to accomplish. Are you looking to build and create a community for general brand awareness? Have a forum for customer concerns? Drive sales? Drill down on your main objectives and have clear metrics for success.
- Understand your audience — Thinking of followers in terms of numbers alone won’t help you achieve your goals. Instead, you need to have profiles for your target audience that helps you better understand the types of people to go after.
- Select the right platforms — Based on your goals and target audience, you should be able to narrow your efforts down to one or two social media platforms where you can best focus your resources.
- Deliver consistent content — To stay relevant and top of mind with your followers, you need a regular posting schedule and you need to post at the right times.
- Deliver quality content — This is just as important as regular content. Messages that resonate with your audience and build value for your brand will make or break your social media marketing plan.
- Encourage engagement — Engagement creates a positive feedback loop that helps build relationships with your audience. Ask for responses in your posts and follow up on questions that people ask in your comments. Building a real community requires real interaction.
Solid social media marketing advice from experienced experts
At Burg & Co. Marketing, our social media professionals know what it takes to craft innovative campaigns that drive business, increase revenue and grow profits while growing your audience and strengthening your brand. We’ve launched campaigns that drive thousands of unique visits, sold-out campaigns and increased revenues for our clients.
Contact us today to learn more and schedule your free marketing consultation.