Search engine optimization (SEO) is a fast-paced area of digital marketing. Staying on top of the latest news and developments in the industry is a critical part of success. With more information and less time than ever, it can be helpful to lean on the expertise and specialization of digital marketing professionals.
Since we spend a lot of time navigating the SEO world, we’re happy to share the most important SEO news items we come across. This week, we’ll cover some news from Google.
Google brings Full Coverage to Google Search
Full Coverage is a Google feature that was originally launched in 2018, and up until now, it has been used on Google News.
The Full Coverage feature is designed to “offer a 360-degree view” of news stories and topics in real time. As of March 8, 2021, this feature will now also be available on Google Search in the U.S. Eventually, it will be rolled out more widely as well. You can tap into the Full Coverage feature by scrolling to the end of the top stories carousel or by clicking “More news on…” immediately below the carousel.
This change is an important one to consider because it can help present more of your content on Google Search and Google News. The move could also explain changes in your traffic that you’ve noticed recently.
Google releases five video SEO best practices
SEO isn’t just applicable to written content, and its principles can also be applied to mediums like video. If you’re interested in applying SEO best practices to your video content, Google has just released some information you should know about.
To best optimize your video content for search results, Google recommends taking these five steps:
- Making the video publicly available — The videos you post should have a webpage and URL that Google can access. Also, they should be easily viewable and not require complex user actions to load.
- Using structured data — Site owners should provide structured data to Google, which helps Google find videos and understand what they’re about. Some examples of structured data include:
- Video title
- Video content file URL
- Providing high-quality thumbnails — You need to make sure you provide Google with a high-quality thumbnail for the video. Otherwise, Google won’t be able to access the page, and your video might not appear in search results.
- Submitting a video sitemap — Google can find videos associated with your website using video sitemaps. The sitemap may also include metadata tags that can help Google understand what videos are about.
- Ensuring video files are accessible — Want your pages to be eligible for search features like video previews and key moments? You’ll need to ensure that Google can access your video content files easily.
Burg & Co. is here to help you improve your SEO and attract new leads
Looking for ways to attract new visitors to your site and increase conversions? There is no magic solution to reaching your goals, but with hard work and some time, your website can become a powerful marketing tool for your business.
Our team at Burg & Co. has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about SEO or to schedule a complimentary consultation.