Is your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy attracting a lot of visitors to your website but failing to convert? Your SEO isn’t the problem. SEO has done its job by attracting visitors to your site. Instead, the problem is that your website is not optimized for conversions.
Tips for how to improve your conversion rates
- Make your forms simple — Complicated forms can scare away users who intended on contacting you for your services or for more information. Remove unnecessary fields that make it a chore for someone just to get in contact with you. Consider A/B testing your forms to see which ones are completed more frequently and what is different about them compared to the others.
- Include testimonials and reviews — Genuine testimonials and reviews help potential clients feel at ease trusting your business. Share reviews that your business receives on Google, Facebook, Yelp and other verified sources that your clients may trust.
If your website has an e-commerce feature, then make sure that your products have verified reviews from previous customers that can be encouraging for potential new customers.
- Use heatmaps — A heatmap tells marketers where users are most engaged on a given webpage. If you see elements of a page that are not receiving any activity, you may want to remove them to help reduce clutter and even improve your page loading speed. However, if the elements not receiving clicks are important to your business, such as a CTA, you need to think of what you can do to capitalize on where you are getting clicks to drive engagement through those opportunities instead.
- Improve your CTAs — Weak and generic CTA buttons like “Start trial” are bland and easy to look over. Strengthen your CTA copy with something more catchy and engaging, such as “I’m ready to start my free trial!” to help improve engagement.
- A/B test your content — The content on your landing pages can make or break your conversion opportunities. You can run A/B tests on your content to measure the performance of which landing pages are stronger at converting, so you can turn your strategy in the right direction.
Want to attract new visitors to your website? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, this is what we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.