The U.S. health care industry is a growing sector that’s designed to provide patients with choices, and with more than 784,000 health care companies in this country, there are plenty of choices.
So, how can you ensure that people who are looking for the type of health care services your business offers choose you? One way to tilt the scales in your favor is to make sure your health care business is engaging people via digital marketing.
Four ways digital marketing can help health care providers:
- Reducing patient acquisition costs — It costs health care marketing quite a bit of money to bring on new patients. For instance, it’s estimated that dental providers spend up to $300 to acquire each new patient. Digital marketing can help reduce your business’s patient acquisition costs. One option is Google Ads, which costs $2.32 on average; you could be saving hundreds by acquiring a patient this way.
- Helping target specific patients — Many medical providers offer a variety of services, but there may be specific conditions that your clinic(s) is especially good at addressing. With digital marketing strategies, your business can specifically target patients with issues that you excel at treating. In part, this is possible because digital marketing can use specific keywords to attract the patients you’re looking for. It can also help you target patients who:
- Are a certain age or within a certain age range.
- Are a specific gender.
- Have specific behaviors or habits.
- Fit a specific demographic.
- Aiding with direct communication — It’s much more likely that patients will use your services if they communicate with you directly. Digital health care marketing allows you to provide people with more opportunities to communicate with you directly. For example, email campaigns can provide prospective patients with your business’s email address and phone number. Digital ads can also include a place where patients can click to call your practice.
- Helping improve patient retention — Once you get a new patient, your next task is to keep them coming back. Digital marketing can be a big help in accomplishing this vital task. It can help you develop website features that make it easier for your patients to communicate with you, such as a patient portal. Digital marketing also helps you provide your patients with tips and advice through channels like social media and blogs; this helps your patients improve their knowledge and keeps you in their thoughts.
Burg & Co. is here to help your health care business build a digital marketing strategy
Digital marketing tools can be an important part of a well-rounded marketing strategy for health care providers. They can help your brand reach a wider target audience while you continue to build your organic search efforts. If you’re looking for ways to improve your digital marketing strategy and reach more users without breaking the bank, let us help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.