The end-of-the-year festivities are right around the corner. Families will be making travel plans. Turkey will become one of the most popular dinners. People will shop for their loved ones. Students will go home on break. And marketers . . . marketers will be looking for ways to help people find what they need during these special times.
The usual marketing tactics remain the same, such as producing useful, keyword-rich content, but there are some changes you need to make to help your brand get the most out of the holiday season.
Optimizing your digital marketing during the holidays
- Prepare in advance — If you’re reading this in early November, then it’s not too late to prepare in advance for the major holidays. Form a plan now for what kind of services or products you can promote and what your messaging needs to be to connect with your audience. Don’t scramble at the last minute and lose out to competitors who are working hard to reach the same target audience.
- Offer a sale — Shoppers around the holidays season expect good deals. Events like Black Friday or Cyber Monday are big spending days for American shoppers. You can offer a sale during these events or during the duration of the holiday season to help attract new business to your brand.
- Share holiday stories — Share content, photos and other multimedia that are holiday-centric. This helps establish your brand as a body of people, not just some faceless business. People like to see and hear stories about the humanity behind a company. If you’re doing anything fun in the office for the holidays, share this in your web content so your target audience has something to connect with.
- Leverage your social media — Speaking of sharing holiday stories on your website, you also need to be sharing on your social media. Photos and stories about your business and its people during these times helps make you more relatable on social media platforms.
You can also think of other ways to engage, such as raffles, Q&As or office holiday party livestreams.
- Tailor your ads to the holidays — Do you run pay-per-click (PPC) ads to attract new visitors to your site? It’s important to update the content of your ads on a regular basis. If you haven’t prepared content for the holiday season, start creating it now so you can plug it in when the time is right.
Get on top of your digital marketing game this season with Burg & Co.
Focusing on digital marketing during the holidays is difficult when you have many other responsibilities on your plate at work and at home. Fortunately for you, Burg & Co. specializes in digital marketing and wants to help you get the most out of the holiday season.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.