Engaging users is the most important part of a Facebook marketing strategy. It can be tempting to look at a high follower count and think you’re getting results, but what really matters is that those followers interact with you. Here are five ways to drive more Facebook engagement.
- Post at the right time – Different messages might resonate at different times. There’s evidence that posts from 1-4 p.m. get the highest number of click-throughs, with engagement peaking Wednesdays at 3 p.m. The worst days may be weekends before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m. But you should try several different approaches to see what works best for you.
- Share valuable content – Users are much more likely to interact with valuable content on Facebook. Content on Facebook should be helpful in some way, so make sure you understand your audience and their needs and behavior.
- Use images – A study showed that Facebook posts with images had 2.3 times more engagement than parts without images. Pair your updates with visuals and experiment with your messaging for more impact.
- Start conversations – Facebook can be a great medium for starting conversations, so try asking questions. People want to engage on social media, so give them a reason to. User-generated content can be a great way of learning what resonates with your audience and get ideas for other areas of your digital marketing strategy.
- Post video – Video has been shown to get greater shares than other types of Facebook content, so experiment with different video formats to see if that drives engagement. Try interviewing experts in your field, customers, and employees, including thought leaders. Other ideas could be how-to or tutorial videos or behind-the scenes videos.
Burg & Co. builds social campaigns that drive results
With years of experience helping companies achieve digital marketing success through social media marketing, Burg & Co. Marketing in Tampa, Florida is your partner in building social media campaigns that set you apart from the competition and drive traffic and revenue. For more information on building a social media marketing strategy that works, contact us today.