Is digital marketing all it’s cracked up to be? Definitely
If you’re trying to increase leads and drive sales for your business, it’s no longer enough to rely on traditional marketing efforts to achieve this. TV, radio, print and networking events are still part of the picture, and they will be for the foreseeable future, but the marketing landscape has changed too much and too many people are doing business online for you to ignore digital marketing.
With all the buzz and hype around digital marketing, it’s easy to wonder if digital marketing works and if it’s really all it’s cracked up to be. The answer is yes, digital marketing definitely works, but just like traditional marketing efforts, you have to do it right and have a clear strategy to achieve the results you’re looking for.
Making digital marketing work for you
Digital marketing is not magical, you can’t set up a blog or a start a pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaign and watch the leads and sales pour in. However, digital marketing can offer a positive return on your investment — for both time and money — if you are serious about creating a multichannel strategy designed for your particular needs.
If you do want digital marketing to work for you, follow these steps:
- Perform an audit of your current marketing efforts to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Determine your target audience through market research and analysis.
- Learn more about digital marketing channels, including PPC, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing and content marketing to find out which ones are best suited for your business model.
- Create an action plan based on your findings.
- Continually collect data, test, optimize and implement changes to keep refining your digital marketing strategy.
Don’t feel like you have to go it alone. Digital marketing is a complex field and while it can be done with less time and resource investment compared to traditional marketing methods, there is still no substitute for expertise and experience.
How can Burg & Co. Marketing make digital marketing work for you?
The digital storytellers at Burg & Co.Marketing can help your business or organization with proven strategies to help you achieve your objectives. We have years of experience in creating integrated cross-channel campaigns that start movements for our clients.
To get started, contact us today and find out how we can help you explore the possibilities of digital marketing.