Health care is a competitive industry that relies heavily on having a cutting-edge marketing plan. Just how heavily does this sector rely on marketing? One source reports that U.S. hospitals spent more than $4.6 million on advertising in 2020. Another health care industry report reveals that pharmaceutical company digital ad spend jumped from nearly $9.5 million to nearly $36.4 million from December 2020 to January 2021.
With every health care provider spending significant amounts of money to bring in more patients, your practice will need an effective and visionary team of digital health care marketers on your side.
Three ways digital health care marketers can help your brand
Digital health care marketers have many tools and strategies at their disposal. These professionals can create a digital marketing plan that fits your practice’s needs. A few of the ways that digital health care marketers can help health care providers are by:
1. Analyzing your website — An effective digital marketing strategy should take into account how patients use your website. That is one reason that digital health care marketers will recommend analyzing exactly how people are using your site. These specialists can use tools like heat mapping and behavior tracking to see what your current users are doing on your site. They can then suggest user experience improvements to your site based on this information.
2. Helping to improve your search ranking — Do you know how important ranking high in online search results is? A Google report shows that searches drive almost three times more visitors to hospital websites than visitors who don’t use searches. Thus, it is imperative that your health care practice is ranking highly in search results. A top-notch digital health care marketing team can put strategies in place to help boost your search ranking, including:
- Overhauling your site’s user experience.
- Clarifying and streamlining your patient journey.
- Creating informative, evergreen digital content that boosts organic traffic.
3. Helping you create engaging video content — There are many types of digital content that health care practices should be investing in. Blog posts and the content of webpages are two of the most well known. However, one that your practice may have overlooked is video content, and that could be holding you back.
Why? Google reports that 53% of patients who did not watch a video created for a hospital were unaware that the hospital existed. To help keep you from being a part of this statistic, digital marketing teams can help your practice create carefully crafted and branded video content. Such content can go a long way toward bringing in more patients.
Want to find a team of effective digital health care marketers? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and capturing new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, digital health care marketing is one thing we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in helping health care providers improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing patients. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital health care marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.