Many people associate content marketing with the digital age, though it really goes back to the advent of print technology. However, with the advent of the internet and search engines, content marketing has become one of the most important forms of marketing to businesses today.
The goal of content marketing is to provide useful and relevant content to your target audience with the aim of guiding them through your sales funnel toward becoming leads and customers. There are many other forms of marketing too, so you may be asking yourself, “How important is content marketing, really?”
Well, at Burg & Co. Marketing, we think content marketing is one of the best methods for reaching your target audience and growing your business. Here’s how.
Five reasons why content marketing is important
- Builds brand awareness — Your content is the key to developing the look and voice of your brand that your target audience will grow to know and love. Building your brand’s recognition will help you increase traffic and attract more inbound links.
- Provides material for organic search — Your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy uses keywords to help search engine robots know what kind of products or services your site offers. Writing content that uses these keywords in a natural sounding way can help broaden your net for attracting more visitors online.
- Can be shared on social media — If your brand is active on social media, you can share content with your followers that they may find interesting and helpful. If any of your followers like your content, they may share it with others who will potentially become new followers of yours.
- It’s great for the long game — As you keep producing content, you build your web presence that will not go away as long as you still have a website or until you decide to remove the content. This means that the long-term marketing value of content may be much greater than you realize.
- Establishes you as an industry leader — Content that is interesting or helpful helps establish trust for your business. When someone is ready to make a purchasing decision, they’ll remember the brands that they trust the most, and with great content, this could be yours.
Contact Burg & Co. Marketing for creative and effective content marketing
Are you interested in attracting more visitors to your website and increasing your number of leads and customers? Contact us today to discover how content marketing and other digital marketing strategies — including SEO, PPC and social media marketing–can help your business grow.